Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Things that Make Me Smile
Here's my top list of things that make me smile...and I mean really smile. The kind of smile that you can't control, that spreads from your mouth to your eyes and makes you just a little self-conscious about how goofy you look.
-Physical contact with a cute guy. I'm not talking anything bad, just those unnecessary touches (a hand on the shoulder, a brush of the arm) that are completely platonic, yet very nice.
-A laughing baby. I can be in the worst mood in the world, and as soon as I look at that drooling, toothless grin I can't help myself!
-Really good song lyrics. Even if it's a sad song, if it's got great lyrics, it'll make me smile. My latest smile through the tears lyrics: "I'm whispering a line that no one knows, sleeping on a pillow of her clothes."
-Unexpected contact from friends. Whether it's a letter, phonecall, or an email, I love when old friends contact me out of the blue.
-A genuine compliment. I try really hard not to rely on compliments to feel good about myself, but when someone says something nice about me because they really mean it, it just makes me smile!
-A good book. Okay, so I'm a book nerd, but a well-turned phrase gets me grinnin'!

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll add more later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home