Thursday, January 12, 2006

Brandy's 1st Annual Music Top Fives

I totally stole this from my friend Mandy, so I hope she doesn't mind! We also have a lot of the same answers, but that's because we have equally good taste in music!

Top 5 Albums I listen to over and over:
1. Randall Goodgame, War and Peace
2. Andrew Peterson, The Far Country
3. Andy Gullahorn, Room to Breathe
4. Andrew Peterson, Behold the Lamb of God
5. Jill Phillips, God and Money

Top 5 songs that always make me smile:
1. "Holy Flakes," Andy Gullahorn, Room to Breathe
2. "Green Hills Mall," Andy Gullahorn, Room to Breathe
3. "The Pope is a Lady," Randall Goodgame, War and Peace
4. "Matthew's Begats," Andrew Peterson, Behold the Lamb of God
5. "Fifth Wheel," Justin McRoberts, Reason for Living

Top 5 sad songs I like for some reason:
1. "She's Gone Forever" by Randall Goodgame on War and Peace
2. "Three Days B efore Autumn" by Andrew Peterson (this isn't actually on an Andrew Peterson album, but I think it's on some compilation projects)
3. "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss from Mud on the Tires
4. "Faith to Be Strong" by Andrew Petesron on Carried Away (I wouldn't say this song is really sad, but it brings back sad memories)
5. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones (it's an oldie but a, er, saddie?)

Top 5 songs that always convict me:
1. Andrew Peterson "Silence of God" from Love and Thunder
2. Shane & Shane "I Miss You" from Upstairs
3. Randall Goodgame "I Did Not Catch Her Name" from War and Peace
4. Andy Gullahron "Give Me Grace" from Room to Breathe
5. Andrew Peterson "More" from The Far Country

Top 5 albums I'm proud to own:
1. Andrew Peterson--all of them: Carried Along, Clear to Venus, Love and Thunder, Behold the Lamb of God, and The Far Country
2. Patty Griffin 1000 Kisses
3. Jill Phillips God and Money
4. Randall Goodgame War and Peace, The Hymnal, and Arkadelphia
5. David Wilcox Home Again

Top 5 albums I'm embarrassed to have purchased:
1. Anything Celine Dion
2. Carman's Greatest Hits (I did give it away though!)
3. My Jami Smith Collection (I still like her, but I think I went a little overboard)
4. Garth Brook's Greatest Hits (the first one--I spent way too much money on it)
5. I know there are more, but since I never listen to them (thankfully) I can't think of them!

Artists I didn't really like at first, but then they grew on me:
1. Eric Peters (he's GREAT, but it took me several listens to get into)
2. Pierce Pettis (I still don't LOVE his voice, but his songwriting is amazing)
3. Andy Gullahorn (His first CD grew on me enough to buy his second, which I LOVE)
4. Aimee Mann
5. Anything country

Artists I think everyone needs to check out:
1. Jill Phillips
2. Andrew Peterson
3. Randall Goodgame (one of the best songwriters I've ever heard!)
4. Andy Gullahorn
5. Eric Peters
6. Justin McRoberts
7. Patty Griffin
8. Andy Osenga (formerly of the Normals, now tours with Caedmon's Call)
9. Matthew Perryman Jones
10. Silers Bald

Albums I'm buying next:
1. Rebel, Sweetheart The Wallflowers
2. Brother, Bring the Sun and Chasing Mississippi Dave Barnes
3. Heavier Things and The John Mayer Trio John Mayer
4. Back to Me Kathleen Edwards
5. Let There Be Morning The Perishers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home