Friday, January 12, 2007

I talk to myself...a lot

So yeah, I talk to myself all the time. It's usually internal conversations, but it's not just thoughts. I'm literally having a conversation with myself. I didn't realize how bad it was until I had the following conversation today:

(walking past a co-worker's desk, where she had an orchid)
Wow, what a pretty orchid.
I should get an orchid like that.
Yeah right, you don't have the money for that.
But then I could tell people, look, I bought a $50 orchid.
You'd just kill it in a week.
You're right.
Then you'd buy a fake silk one at Target.
And people would come over and admire your beautiful orchid.
And I'd have to lie and tell them it was real.
I would say look at my beautiful $50 orchid.
But what if they tried to touch it?
I would say, "Don't touch that orchid. You'll kill it."
And then they would think I had a delicate, expensive orchid.
Who are you kidding, you can't afford that orchid.

Geez, I'm a weirdo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home