Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm a traitor

So, last weekend I went to my first professional baseball game. I was meeting my aunt and uncle, who were in town, and the Rockies game. When we got there, I saw a lot of red shirts. And I realized we were playing the Cardinals.

OH, the dilemma! I don't really "pull" for any pro team. I usually just "cheer" (I use that term loosely) for the team closest to where I live. But what to do? Some of my closest friends are rabid Cardinals fans. But I live in Colorado. I didn't know what to do.

So I did what any non-fan would do...I just clapped when the people around me clapped. Which meant I clapped for the whole game. I clapped with the Cardinals fans to my right. I clapped with the Rockies fans seated behind me. I clapped at homeruns. I clapped at strike outs.

I felt bipolar for a good three hours.

2 Comments:

Blogger SandT said...

First, let me say, "Awww...we're some of your closest friends," because I'm a "rabid Cardinals fan." Thanks. That really is sweet. We feel the same way. Now...

YOU CLAPPED FOR WHO??? THE ROCKIES??? WHAT IN THE WORLD??? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??? OH MY WORD!!!! HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY???

Arrrgggghhh!!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

I agree! Cardinals=only team to cheer for in baseball!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home