Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's been a while...again

I apologize to both of my readers for the delay in posting. I've just been super busy lately, and haven't really felt like I have anything worth writing. So, today I just decided to come on here and start typing and see what happens (just like I did in college with all of the columns I wrote for the paper!) Kind of like stream of consciousness...but not.

Well, it's two days later, and I still haven't finished this blog. Haven't really started it yet. I just have TONS on my mind right now...most of which I can't really go into detail about here (unlike a lot of people, I understand the concept that this is a public forum, no matter how private my thoughts are).

I think part of the reason I'm feeling unmotivated is just this time of year. It's rainy and dreary, which fits my mood really well...or maybe vice versa.

Last Sunday we had the Lord's Supper at church. I have these weird little quirks that I always do when I take the Lord's Supper. One of them is when I take the small square cracker, I always hold it between my thumb and index finger, but with the pointed edges poking into my fingers. And then I hold it as tightly as I can without crushing it. I think that tiny bit of pain reminds me of Christ's painful death. It's weird, I fully realize this, but this Sunday we switched crackers, and there are no sharp points. It threw me off, and I began to realize a little more just how odd I can be sometimes.

On a completely different note (wow, this is a disjointed posting) I interviewed Dave Barnes last night. He's doing a show here in about a week, so I did a quick phone interview to get the word out. I've decided that any person who answers the question "How are you" with the phrase "Rockin' the free world" rates high in my book. It was a fun interview, and a bright point to the week. Also, in researching Barnes to get some background information, I read this quote from an interview he did:

I’m reading a book right now called Wild At Heart by John Eldredge. The first chapter in the book is talking about pursuing passion in life. He sub-quotes a playwright (I can’t remember the name), and he says, “Life is a hypocrite if I can’t live like it inspires me.” And I thought, that is the credo of my life. I don’t feel like I have a choice. This is who I am. All I can choose to do is to heed the call and trust that the Lord puts steps out in front of me. It’s a choice for either misery or mystery. You choose your road, and misery is when you get a job and deny the call because there’s risk involved. Mystery is when you say, “I have no clue what’s in front of me. I just know that this is where I want to be.”

That was so what I needed to hear. I think it's funny how God orchestrated that moment, for me to be digging through an interview for a nugget of information for my article and I instead came up with a nugget of truth for my life.

And I just decided I don't care for the word nugget.

2 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

Ahh, you talked to Barnes! Cool guy, am I right? I work with his roommate, who calls himself our "in-house ninja." And I got to listen to an early copy of his latest album. Check it out, Micah sings on one of the tracks. "Greyhound," I think!
When life gets calmed down, I'm going to e-mail you the longest message EVER!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brandy, i don't like the word nugget either. but i do like your posts. i check your blog all the time, so keep writing.
love,
your sister in albania.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home