Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Stealing blogs again :)

I'm not feeling terribly creative today (it was a draining day at work), so I'm going to steal a blog idea from Greta again!

1. A friend who has blessed me:
Amanda! I love the fact that my best friend is also my cousin...she knows everything about me, but she has to love me because we're family :) Seriously though, I love looking back at the growth of our friendship, and seeing how even miles and time zones haven't damaged it!

2. An unexpected gift:
Hmmm, having moved somewhere new, I haven't really received many "gifts" lately. I guess my most pleasant surprises lately have been letters and phone calls from friends and family.

3. A kind word shared with me recently:
I've got two of them actually. I got an email this week that said I was making a difference in my job, and then my boss told me today as I was leaving that I did a good job today. After the stressful day we all had, those were great words to hear.

4. Something that makes me stop and praise God:
His constant provision (sorry, had to steal it Greta!). It's funny to me how much I worry, because God has ALWAYS provided for me, even if it's in ways I would have never chosen.

5. Something I'm looking forward to:
Going to Florida for vacation with Amanda next month...YAY!

6. A particular part of me I'm pleased with:
Yeah, I'm going to have to get back with you on that one.

7. Something in my life that I wanted but never expected:
When I was younger, I never imagined that I could be a writer and make a living. I certainly never thought I'd be working for such an incredible organization where I feel like I'm truly making a difference.

8. A place that moved/moves me:
I'm goign to have to agree with Greta again: Camp Little Cross Roads, Lowesville, VA. I accepted Christ on a squeaky bunk there, and met two of my closest friends there, Shaaron and Greta.

9. One thing/person that always makes me smile:
When little kids make up jokes

10. Most recent "love note" from God:
Actually, it was a blog that Greta wrote about how single women can still live out our maternal instincts. One of my fears is that I will never have children. God word's on Greta's blog reminded me that his plan is perfect. He gave me maternal instincts for a reason, even if it may not be the reason I expected.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to steal this blog idea! I did!

3 Comments:

Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

Oh, how I would love to spend a few days at CLCR with just a few of my favorite girlfriendS!!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

I want to go to CLCR with the gals again...

3:55 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I used this Brandy...very nice...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home