Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back from hiatus.

I'm embarrassed that it's been almost a month since my last blog. Things have been crazy, and God's been kicking my butt with some tough lessons that I'm still processing. Might blog about those later, but I'm just not quite ready yet.

So, I thought I'd take a cue from some of my blogging friends, and post a list of things that have made me happy lately. (And in thinking about that, it makes the things that have made me not so happy fade just a little bit!)
  • The smell of lasagna that's been cooking in the crockpot all day.
  • Having a conversation on the phone with my brother where neither of us gets upset or hangs up (granted, I'm usually the hanger-upper...boy knows just how to push my buttons!)
  • The fact that one of my first-graders at church didn't cry when his mom dropped him off (his first Sunday without tears!)
  • Seeing my stories on the website!
  • Matching red water bottles.
  • Coffee with an old friend who has forgotten more things about me than my new friends even know.
  • Long hikes that are actually worth it.
  • A clean apartment. Especially when it's MY clean apartment :)
  • Phone calls from Amanda that announce how many days it will be until we go to Florida (four days!!)
  • Scratching a dog behind the ears.

That's all for now. If I actually have any readers left, hope you have a great day, filled with things that make you happy!

2 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

I stole this from you! Hee hee! I never have an original thought! :)

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're still reading! - SC & TC

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home