Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Brave

It makes me laugh when people tell me I'm brave for packing up and moving to Colorado. I don't really consider myself a brave person. It's like I have this thin, delicate layer of brave over this crazy fear. I would rather people tell me that I'm obedient. Because that's really all I'm aiming for. I definitely feel like God is calling me to Colorado and to Compassion. Am I scared though? Absolutely! But it's kind of funny...God has been fitting together the pieces of this transition so perfectly, just like He always has. So why am I scared? Why am I scared that I'll get to Compassion and they'll wonder why they hired me? Why am I scared that I won't make any friends? Why am I scared that I'll fall flat on my face?

Some days I feel like I'm just barely holding it all together. That I'm clinging to the bravery and praying the fear doesn't explode through.

3 Comments:

Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

Rich Mullins sang "So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf; You have been King of my glory won't you be my Prince of Peace."
Let Him hold you...and you're right--obedience is the key! In Samuel, the Bible says, "Obedience is better than sacrifice." You're doing a wonderful thing in His eyes by simply obeying. And, Compassion will be super glad they hired you! LOVE YOU!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no need to fear when you're following Him.

And if you fall, the ground will always stop you. ;)

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandy, I'm so excited for you. I heard the news fromt the grape vine. Don't worry. Your too loveable! And I do think your brave, bravery is taking the next step even when fear makes our limbs hang limp at our sides.

Love - Cassie

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home