Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And today's secret word is...

Overload.

It's been a long time since I posted. A really long time! Between moving to Colorado Springs, settling into the new apartment and starting my new job, things have just been crazy. Then, I started thinking of all of these great things to blog about, and I just got overwhelmed.

So here I am, so many things to say, so little time. I’ll just start typing, and we’ll see where we end up. I’m finding that my job is probably easiest the thing to adjust to here. The word easy is pretty misleading though. The sheer number of projects our department has to work on is pretty crazy, but the jobs are fun, and since I don’t have a life yet, I find myself staying late to finish up projects.

Speaking of not having a life, that has definitely been the hardest part about the move. Weekends and evenings are ENDLESS, but the most draining part is church hunting. Most of the churches here are much larger than I’m used to. Both Sundays I’ve sat in a pew by myself and felt completely invisible. Last Sunday the only time anybody spoke to me was to ask me if I could move to another seat so their family could sit there. Both Sundays I’ve left church an emotional mess.

I keep telling myself this isn’t how it should be. But why not? Churches are filled with people just like me. People who don’t say or do the right things. People who focus a little too much on themselves. Sinful, messed up people. I just need to find the right group where I can serve and be served. Where I can love and be loved. Until then, I’ll keep hunting.

1 Comments:

Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

Praying for you! I wish I knew someone there to get you in touch with, but I'm afraid I don't!
Love you!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home