Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday...

What a cheesy title. Oh well.

I just realized the other day that I never really blogged about saying goodbye to Hannibal. It's still kind of surreal that I'm not there anymore. Three years ago when I moved to Hannibal from Nashville, I viewed it as a very short pit stop. Surely, God would get me back on the "real" path soon. Then, I started making friends, laying down roots...and getting scared. Scared because I never thought I'd stay in Hannibal, and I knew that the deeper those friendships became, the harder it would be to leave.

I was right. When I was offered the job at Compassion in March, my excitement was quickly followed by sadness. Over the next few months I spent as much time as I could with my friends in Hannibal. We squeezed in extra games of Nertz. I treasured dinners out with friends. And soon I began to say to myself "this is the last time..." The last time I would spend a lazy Saturday morning lazing around the apartment with my roommate. The last time I would teach children's church. The last press release I would write for work.

The day I left Hannibal was emotional. Lots of tears, lots of sadness, but also lots of faith. Faith that God was taking me to Colorado for a purpose. Faith that God will provide friends and a church. Faith that life in Hannibal will go on without me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home