Monday, October 02, 2006

What's my problem?

I don't know what my problem is, but I've been struggling to blog lately. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about...I think it's just the opposite. I have too many things bouncing around in my head, and when I actually sit down to blog, I can't narrow it down. But tonight a friend who shall remain nameless *coughScott* said I needed to put something on here, so here I am.

I recently wrote in an email to a friend that I feel like I'm alternating between God kicking my butt and holding me close. I realize that sounds negative, but it's really not. Because seriously, I need my butt kicked. I need God to shake me out of this complacency that I too often find myself in. And that's just what he's been doing. He's putting these raw, honest, messy people in my life, and He's revealing things to me that literally have me on my face before Him...something I've never really experienced before.

But God knows my breaking point. And He delivers me. Just a week ago I had the opportunity to go to Florida and just be still for a few days. It wasn't this super-spiritual retreat...it was me, some friends, lots of seafood and live music. It was laughter, long walks on the beach and fruity drinks under an umbrella. It was exactly what I needed.

I think too often I feel like I've got God figured out. I think I know how He should deal with my issues. And then, He does the opposite of what I expected. And somehow, it all turns out as it should.

Praise the Lord I'm not in charge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Brandy! And please let me know when your butt needs kicking. I stand ready to assist you all day long! - CoughScott

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home