Friday, October 20, 2006

Not cool

I am not cool. And with that statement, comes a chorus of "Amen's" from across the globe. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty much a dork. I like to write research papers. I wore stirrup pants in middle school. I trip over my own feet. My hair sticks out in odd places. I'm allergic to pet dander. The list could go on. It probably will in the comments section of this post. And I'm okay with that. Because this morning I read a post by Bono that kind of puts the coolness factor into perspective:
“Coolness might help in your negotiation with people through the world, maybe, but it is impossible to meet God with sunglasses on.”

Amen Bono.

5 Comments:

Blogger SandT said...

Two Amens from Hannibal...of course, we're not exactly the Fonz either over here!

5:02 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

From the queen of the uncool, I'm right there with you! :) Ah, the things you can learn from Bono.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are stirrup pants still made?

that would be awesome.

1:19 AM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

Cool is as cool does.

I never understood that phrase...but it just seemed right.

:)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Shaun Groves said...

Where could we read the rest of that cool interview with Bono?

a dork,
Shaun

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home